1 Pork shoulder (6-7lbs)
1 1/2 Tbs Liquid Smoke (Mesquite or Hickory)
1 Tbs kosher salt
1 Tbs. fresh ground pepper
1 9.75oz bottle Kilauea Fire mild Hawaiian Ketchup/BBQ Sauce
1 9.75oz bottle Kilauea Fire Hot Sauce Sauce
1 12.75oz bag Hawaiian Chip Company Sweet Potato & Taro Chip Mix
1 8oz bag shredded jack cheese
1. Set crock pot to high setting.
2. Rub pork on all sides with liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Make sure you get every nook and cranny.
3. Place fat side up, cover and let it go 6-7 hours.
4. Turn off crock pot and let it rest 30 minutes.
5. Carefully remove pork from crock pot- it will break into pieces.
6. Let cool long enough for you to handle. Remove bone and discard cooking liquid.
7. Take the time to do this next step as it makes all the difference in the world. In short, if it's fatty, stringy, gristly, or slimy get rid of it. As you're hand shredding (pulling) the pork, place it back in the crock pot on low setting. Keep mixing the meat to incorporate the light with the dark meat.
8. Add in Kilauea Fire mild Hawaiian Ketchup and mix well.
9. Set aside half the meat to freeze or serve as sliders with Hawaiian Sweet bread rolls.
10. Plate remaining pork on 12.75 ounces of sweet potato & taro chips then top with cheese then drizzle with Kilauea Fire Hot Sauce to really fire things up.
How to play The “Winning Combination” Game by Kilauea Fire:
1. Get into 2 teams
2. Team A gets 2 pieces of paper with “Bold” written on one and “Versatile” written on the other. The papers are given to 2 individuals on Team A and they are not allowed to show anyone.
3. Team B gets 2 pieces of paper with “Intense” written on one and “Fiery” written on the other. The papers are given to 2 individuals on Team B and they are not allowed to show anyone.
4. Each player has 1 minute to get their teammates to guess their word through word association (without saying the word itself).
5. The team that guesses both words first wins!